Houston Hurricane Damage Lawyer
When hurricane damage strikes, your insurance company owes you an equitable settlement. Hire a Houston hurricane damage lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. to fight for the benefits you deserve.
Living in Texas means that hurricanes are a common concern. The heavy rain and high winds that they bring can wreak havoc on your home. If a hurricane damages your property, you rely on the benefits and coverage provided through your home insurance policy. When you do not receive a fair deal, it is time to hire a Houston hurricane damage lawyer to investigate your case and prove your losses as discoverable.
Insurance companies may offer you an inadequate settlement or use illegal tactics when managing your claim. At Ivey Law Firm, P.C., we help homeowners trying to recover financial losses and property damage caused by a hurricane. You do not have to handle the insurance companies and their lawyers alone when you hire our Houston law firm to represent your case.
No-Cost, No-Obligation Consultation
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. offers free consultations to prospective clients and their families. If you select our legal team, you do not owe us any money for our time and resources until we win your case. Your rights and best interests always come before all others when your work with a Houston hurricane damage lawyer.
Request your free consultation now by calling our office during regular business hours at 713-225-0015 and get more information about your legal options. If you wish, you may also tell us more about your accident confidentially through our contact form here. We return all messages within 24 business hours.
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. Represents Hurricane Damage Claims
After a hurricane or storm, dealing with the insurance claims process may seem complex, depending upon the type of damage your home suffered. Even if you are trying to figure out if the offer you received is equitable, a Houston hurricane damage lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will review your case to find out if it is worth more.
No matter the type of hurricane damage you are facing, we will help you obtain a fair settlement or civil award to pay for:
- Roof damage
- Broken windows
- Water and moisture damage
- Damage to the interior and flooring
- Structural harm
- House collapses
- And more
The insurance claims process and your insurance policy are subject to numerous state and federal laws. Avoid making mistakes along the way by hiring a Houston hurricane damage lawyer when problems arise or if you are facing severe damage. Our legal team understands how to interpret the fine print and will uncover every opportunity for compensation possible after a thorough investigation of your case.
Let a Houston Hurricane Damage Lawyer Help You
At Ivey Law Firm, P.C., our legal team aggressively pursues a reasonable settlement or civil court award for the damage your house experienced or when the subject of unfair insurance practices. Eliminate the doubt in your mind by hiring an attorney who will take your case on a contingency fee basis.
Call 713-225-0015 now for a Free, No-Obligation Consultation. It is an opportunity to get the answers to your legal questions. If your preference is to message us, get in touch with our secure contact form.
Your Hurricane Property Damage Settlement or Denial Is Negotiable
If a Houston hurricane damage lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. believes that you will benefit from our legal services, we will review your partial or total claim deniable to discover negotiation points. The reasons that they provide are not always black-and-white, either.
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will thoroughly review your claim to determine if we can refute the following reasons for denial:
- You live in a “high risk” area
- The damage was “pre-existing”
- The damage was caused after the hurricane
- You live on the beach
- More than was peril was present
- Your home was not “up to code”
The above-referenced list of reasons for denials may require an additional, unbiased investigation to get you the money you need to repair and restore your home. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. has a professional network of experts that will testify or provide evidence that asserts the facts of your case as we discover it.
When the Insurance Company Acts in Bad Faith and Unfair Dealing
Texas insurance laws protect you from insurance companies taking advantage of the public’s general knowledge of the claims and valuation process. If an insurer violates this standard, then you have the right to pursue a bad faith insurance claim in Texas.
While your Houston hurricane damage lawyer will help you determine if you have a bad faith claim, and examples of these practices include:
- Unreasonable delays in acknowledgments, communications, and payments without explanation
- Not conducting a thorough and prompt investigation of your property damage
- Failing to provide a settlement when liability is apparent and clear
- Offering a settlement that is significantly less than what is reasonable
- Not providing a reason for your total or partial denial
- Utilizing abusive or threatening tactics to dissuade you from filing a claim or contacting a Houston hurricane damage lawyer
While the above-referenced list describes common examples of insurers acting in bad faith, you do not have to accept unreasonable or unfair treatment if it manifests in other way. You paid your premium and expected that the insurance company would stick to its promises when you needed them. Hold them accountable for their unlawful actions if your case qualifies for a bad faith insurance claim and receive additional compensation related to the harm caused.
Bad Faith Claim Compensation in Texas
The basis of a bad faith claim is to compensate you for the unnecessary hardship you experienced as a result of the insurance company’s negligent bad faith actions. While every case is different, you can receive an additional civil award when your Houston hurricane damage lawyer wins your case.
Some of the following losses are recuperable:
- Up to three times the difference of your property damage claim if the insurer had processed it correctly
- All legal fees, including court costs, filing fees, and attorneys’ fees
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Punitive damages for particularly egregious acts
If you think your insurer treated you unfairly or wrongfully denied your claim, it is vital that you speak with a Houston hurricane damage lawyer. There are legal deadlines on bad faith claims, and insurance laws are routinely shifting. Get the help you want to navigate the claims process as soon as possible to protect your rights.
How a Houston Hurricane Damage Lawyer Will Help
As a Houston property owner, you have recourse against these unsavory tactics. With legal help, you have strong support behind you when it comes to rejecting denials or subpar offers. Ultimately, a Houston hurricane damage lawyer will help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will help your case in the following ways:
- Take charge: Rather than handle everything on your own, your attorney will act as a communications buffer between you and the insurance company. We handle negotiations, paperwork, and field phone calls. Our goal is to move your case forward promptly and reasonably.
- Prove causation: Evidence is the crux of negotiating a higher insurance claim since the burden of proof rests on your shoulders. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will preserve evidence and utilize our resources to argue your case, whether it is directly with the insurance company or in the courtroom.
- Civil action: For stubborn insurance companies who fail to yield to your lawful demand, our office will take your case to a civil trial. Insurers owe you a general duty of care and are liable if they fail to exercise reasonable caution. Let them know that you take your claim seriously by hiring Ivey Law Firm, P.C.
- Legal resources: Some homeowner property damage claims require expert testimony to prove your house’s damages. Our law office has access to the requisite legal resources that your case may need to recuperate your losses. If the benefit outweighs the cost, you will have peace-of-mind in knowing that we will fully support practical strategies.
- Ongoing counsel: Questions typically arise during the course of your claim. When you need legal advice, you will have the chance to ask your Houston hurricane damage lawyer instead of leaving things to best guesses. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. responsive communication that gets our clients the answers they need promptly.
When you have an actionable case, work with a Houston hurricane damage lawyer that will protect and assert your rights under Texas insurance and civil laws. You and your family members do not have to put up with insurance companies that infringe upon your liberties. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will hold responsible parties liable for their negligent behaviors.
Civil Deadlines on Houston Hurricane Damage Claims
Lawsuits involving financial losses, such as property damage caused by a hurricane, have a legally mandated deadline attached to it known as the statute of limitations. In Texas, a time clock of two years begins ticking from the date of the property damage incident. Missing this deadline means that you no longer possess your legal right to file a lawsuit in court.
The Statute of Limitations Affects Your Available Options
Keep in mind that this deadline applies to civil court lawsuits, not claims. If the insurer simply refuses to pay you an equitable settlement, your Houston hurricane damage lawyer may recommend that you file a jury trial demand, but you cannot exercise that option if the statute of limitations surpasses your case.
Utilize the Time to Negotiate a Fair Award
While Ivey Law Firm, P.C. does not shy away from the courtroom, we do understand that our clients may prefer to settle their cases out-of-court. Once you accept a settlement offer, you can no longer pursue additional compensation if you discover related damages in the future. Work with a Houston hurricane damage lawyer and give yourself the requisite time you need if a lawsuit is the most straightforward approach.
Exceptions to the Statute of Limitations
There are, however, exceptions to Texas’ statute of limitations rules. Typically, laws reserve these exceptions for those who are experiencing limited circumstances, which are explicitly described in our state’s civil laws.
These circumstances include:
- Residents absent from the State of Texas for any period of time during the two years
- Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) at the time of the accident
- Individuals who were cognitively impaired while the time clock was running
- Anyone with a legal disability
Additional exceptions that can extend the timeline of your case may apply, but they are more complex. The most practical way to determine if a statute of limitations extensions is available for your case is by speaking with a Houston hurricane damage lawyer.
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will review the facts and circumstances of your case to determine if the law grants you an exception. We will plainly explain all of your legal options in plain language so that you have the information you need at every critical point in your case.
Hire Houston Hurricane Damage Lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C.
If your home suffered from hurricane damage, please reach out to Ivey Law Firm, P.C. as soon as reasonably possible. You have the undeniable right to seek legal advice during an insurance claim or lawsuit. Instead of facing your claim alone, a Houston hurricane damage lawyer will provide the reassurance you need to feel confident before your insurance company and its legal team.
No Upfront Attorneys’ Fees
Rather than place our clients further into a difficult financial situation, we represent hurricane damage claims on a contingency fee basis. Unlike traditional fee models, you do not pay our firm for our services unless you win your case. We are always fighting to earn your business and negotiate the best offer for you.
Free Consultation with Ivey Law Firm, P.C.
Start getting the answers you want by calling Ivey Law Firm, P.C. at 713-225-0015 If you prefer to write to us about your case, you are welcome to do so by sending us a confidential message here. We will always respond to your messages with 24 hours.