Houston Explosion And Fire Accident Lawyer
Explosion and fire accidents can result in catastrophic injuries or loss of life. These events are life-changing. Work with a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. to obtain a fair award for your harm.
Injuries caused by explosions or fires can become catastrophic or result in a fatality. If you or a loved one were severely harmed negligently or on-the-job, a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will help you obtain a fair settlement or civil award for your losses.
Texas’ personal injury, workers’ compensation, or maritime laws apply to your case. Plus, the valuation of your claim is subject to their interpretation, and the insurance adjuster’s opinion. Other limitations apply, which means that you should speak with our legal team as soon as possible to protect your rights to compensation.
Get Help with a Free Consultation
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. has a track record of success when it comes to handling explosion and fire injury matters. A Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer will represent your Texas injury case on contingency fees, which means that there is no expectation to pay us for our resources or time unless you win your case.
Call 713-225-0015 or message us here for a free consultation now and learn more about your legal options. Your time is important to our firm. We respond to all messages within twenty-four (24) business hours.
Fighting for the Rights of Injury and Wrongful Death Victims
Negligence is a legal standard that lawmakers, judges, jurors, and attorneys use to assign liability to a case. It is one of the pillars of any injury matter in Texas. Acts of negligence occur when someone owes you a general duty of care, fails to meet it, injures you in an accident, and causes you subsequent financial, emotional, and future losses.
It is your burden to prove negligence as the accusing claimant. At Ivey Law Firm, P.C., your Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer will investigate contributing negligence surrounding your case to argue a fair settlement or civil award. You do not have to agree to a settlement award offer that does not adequately compensate you for someone else’s negligent actions.
Our firm handles a broad range of fire and explosion cases, including:
- Building fires: Whether commercial or residential, fires or explosions in these buildings are rarely the results of spontaneous combustion. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will investigate the cause of a property fire that leads to your injuries or family member’s death.
- Rig explosions: Oil rigs are known for their extreme dangers to employees, contractors, and site visitors. If equipment malfunctions or operator errors occur, you have the right to an adequate settlement for your losses. Hire a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer to fight for and assert your legal rights during the claims process.
- Work injuries: Every job carries some form of inherent risk. As such, workers’ compensation laws protect you even if the accident was partially or your fault. However, if another’s negligence played a significant role, then you may also have the right to pursue a third-party claim through their insurer or in civil court with a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer.
- Electrocution: Electricity systems fraught with loose wiring, broken outlets, and electrical issues can cause a massive explosion or fire accident. It is not your fault that parts malfunctioned or another’s negligent work injured you. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will investigate the accident site and your injuries to hold parties accountable for their actions toward you.
- Plant explosions: There are many types of plants that expose workers and visitors to dangers on the premises. If carelessness or recklessness plays a role in your explosion or fire accident at a plant, get the legal help you want from a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer as soon as reasonably possible.
- Motor vehicle fires: Poor maintenance or malfunctioning systems may cause a vehicle to combust. Also, accidents with other cars can cause a spark in the gas tank and cause both vehicles to catch on fire. If a motor vehicle fire caused your burn injuries or loved one’s death, Texas laws allow you to receive a civil award for the harm you suffered. Contact a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer to investigate the cause of your accident for negligence.
- Chemical burns: If you work around or with chemicals, handling them with extreme care is part of the job. However, improperly stored, mixed, or misused chemicals can cause fire or explosion injuries to you and others in the area. Some people even experience chemical burns from an attack. If you suffer from chemical burns caused by negligence or abuse, get a formidable legal team on your side, and hire Ivey Law Firm, P.C. to guard you against further harm.
- Faulty heaters: While heating systems and space heaters are known for their hazards, not every injury is caused by your error. Manufacturers and property owners must provide a safe heating system. Otherwise, it can result in catastrophic injuries to you or cause your loved one’s death. An inadequate settlement offer is something that you do not have to accept when you did not contribute to the accident.
As you can see, there are numerous times when negligence, in everyday situations, can result in severe burn injuries to you or the untimely death of a loved one. Furthermore, the losses associated in either case is expensive, both financially and emotionally. Get the legal help you want by hiring a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer as soon as reasonably possible.
Hire Ivey Law Firm, P.C. to Represent Your Injury or Wrongful Death Matter
If you or a closely-related family member suffered from a burn injury or loss of life caused by malice or negligence, retain the legal help of a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer. At Ivey Law Firm, P.C., we will advise you of your rights and how we will help you go after the compensation to which you are lawfully entitled.
Burn Injuries Are Life-Changing and Expensive to Treat
Depending upon the severity and degree of your burn injuries, they can severely impact your quality of life and may require routine medical care. More so, they can hinder your ability to earn a living or enjoy life to the fullest as you would have before the negligence accident injury happened.
The ways in which burn injuries may affect your body include:
- Manual dexterity problems
- Respiratory systems issues or failure
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Fluid balance issues
- Joint function problems
- Failure to maintain a body temperature
- Damage to the soft tissue
Curing or alleviating these symptoms requires ongoing, routine health care, and physical therapy. If a negligence accident caused your or your family member’s burn injury, a settlement or award will help you pay for most or all of the associated costs to provide a better quality of life.
Insurance companies are not always forth-coming when it comes to a settlement offer. They are in the business to make a profit. A Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer will ensure that they are following Texas laws and sticking to the promises of their policies to negotiate or litigate a more beneficial outcome for you.
Civil Compensation Is Available in Texas
The objective of an explosion or burn injury claim or a lawsuit is to seek an equitable award for the losses, or damages, you experienced as a result of someone’s negligence. Although money may not make up for all of your damages mentally and emotionally, it does help you afford what you need to take care of yourself and your family.
If you hire a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C., we will fight to obtain compensation related to the following damages you experienced as applicable:
- Past, current, and future related healthcare costs
- Lost work wages and benefits for time missed
- Lost future earning capacity when you are unable to return to work
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Wrongful death compensation for surviving family members
- Lost enjoyment or qualify of life
- Loss of consortium for surviving spouses and children
- Other recoverable civil awards allowable by law
Every fire and explosion accident is treated differently, even if two cases appear similar. The nuances and details of an injury case, coupled with admissible evidence, ultimately dictate the outcome of your case. Have a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer on your side from the outset to protect your rights at every critical point.
The Cause of Your Accident Plays a Significant Role
Not all explosion and fire accidents are the result of unknown causes or the victim’s negligence. In general, evidence may exist that leads back to someone else’s negligence. Whether the neglect manifests as operator error, malfunctioning parts, or other failures, it is unlikely that your or your loved one’s accident spontaneously happens without another’s intervention.
Work Injury Causation
No matter if a work injury is your fault or not, you deserve a settlement through your employer’s workers’ compensation policy. However, other unknown factors may have played a role of which you are currently unaware. These actions may allow you to file a subsequent third-party to claim to pay for your damages.
Private Property Causation
Texas property owners owe you a duty of care when you are an invited guest or public visitor. If dangerous conditions exist, the owner or manager is in violation of premises’ liability laws. You are not responsible for the losses that a negligent property owner caused you. A Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer will ensure that your rights are protected when property owner negligence injures you at work.
Malfunctioning products can also cause severe burn or fire injuries. Product manufacturers must create products that are safe for their intended use. Otherwise, they are liable for the damages for your injuries or loved one’s death.
How a Houston Explosion and Fire Accident Lawyer Helps
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. serves clients throughout the entire Houston metropolitan area. It is our passion and experience that drives us to help those who were harmed by an explosion or fire accident injury. We have seen the direct devastation that these accidents cause and want to fight to protect those who need legal advice and protection.
When you select our law firm to represent your case, you can expect our legal team to meet the following standards:
- Responsively and promptly answer your questions throughout the duration of your case
- Allow you to focus on your physical and financial recovery while we handle the negotiations
- Work toward obtaining a favorable outcome for your case that compensates you fairly
- Utilize our network of experts to provide an expert opinion or testimony that speak to the facts of your case
- No upfront payment requests and only genuinely earn your business when you win
If you lost a family member to a fire or explosion accident, Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will compassionately help you. A family member’s death is devastating, and our office will treat you with kindness and respect at every turn of your case. You will have peace-of-mind in knowing that your Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer is always looking out for your best legal interests.
Get Help From The Experienced Lawyers At Ivey Law Firm, P.C.
Instead of leaving your future to chance, make sure that you at least speak with a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer, especially for severe injuries or wrongful death matters. Insurance companies know that the associated losses for these cases are astronomical and may try to offer you significantly less than what you deserve.
Convenient and Responsive Legal Care
You can evaluate your offer with a Houston explosion and fire accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. We make the claims or litigation process simple by taking the time to listen and can assist you in obtaining the initial documentation to start your case. Even if you are too injured to travel, we will send a legal team member to come to speak with you.
Start Now with a Free Consultation
A Free, No-Obligation Consultation with Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will help you get started. Call our office now at 713-225-0015 or by messaging us privately through our secure contact form. We also promise no legal fees unless we win your case.