Helping Construction Workers Injured In Houston
Construction work is physically demanding and dangerous. You should receive a fair settlement for your harm when an on-the-job injury occurs. Hire a Houston construction accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. to represent your interests.
Employees in the construction industry understand that the work is hard and dangerous. It is physically demanding, and the risk for injury is high. As such, you expect that your workers’ compensation coverage will pay for your losses. When you do not get what you deserve, get a Houston construction accident lawyer on your side.
Your case may be eligible for other civil awards through a third-party or non-subscriber claim. A legal deadline called the statute of limitations also affects your case’s timeline and outcome. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will fight for a fair settlement or civil award that compensates you for your financial, mental, and future losses.
Free Consultation to Learn More
Our law firm is available to assist you and your loved ones to make it through this challenging phase of life. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. delivers services upon which you can rely. Your Houston construction accident lawyer will plainly explain your legal options and how you can move forward to a brighter future.
Your Texas Employer Has a General Duty to Protect You
There are federal and state laws that your employer must follow to lessen the chance of an injury or death occurring on the worksite. When you do not have the tools you need to perform within the scope of your job safely, you have the right to receive compensation for the harm you experienced.
If you hire a Houston construction accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C., we will thoroughly investigate the events surrounding your injury or loved one’s death to determine if careless or reckless actions contributed. You are not lawfully required to pay for any financial and future damages that you did not cause.
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will evaluate your case to determine if your employer exhibited violations involving:
- Inadequate training: Proper training is an essential part of protecting everyone on the construction site. If insufficient training caused you accident injuries, you can hold the liable parties accountable for their negligent actions.
- Poor supervision practices: Supervisors ensure that individuals are performing their duties with the highest safety standards. They are also accountable when their poor supervision skills cause you harm. If you believe inattention gave rise to your injuries, hire a Houston construction accident lawyer to protect your rights.
- Malfunctioning or inadequately maintained equipment: Your employer is responsible for the maintenance and performance of construction equipment tools. You should not feel that you are unreasonably in harm’s way when you perform your job. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will preserve evidence that indicates an equipment failure caused by your accident.
- Insufficient personal protective equipment (PPE): PPE has a critical purpose. From gloves to protective eyewear to reinforced clothing, you should not have to sacrifice your safety and health because your employer did not provide necessary PPE. Get in touch with Houston construction accident lawyer if this situation resulted in your injuries or family member’s wrongful death.
- Dirty work environments: A clean work environment is integral to construction site safety. It prevents fall accidents, chemical burns, and more. If a messy construction site contributed to your accident, negligence is a factor in your case. Your Houston construction accident lawyer will identify responsible parties so that you have every compensation opportunity.
- Unsafe security practices: Security measures are vital to ensuring that employees, authorized site visitors, and contractors understand where significant danger lurks. As such, you have the right to go after a civil award for unsafe construction site security practices. Our legal team at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. has the resources and experience to establish if negligent actions played a role in your case.
Safety is and should be a top priority for any construction company. When it is not, you may have a third-party claim. Even if you contributed to your accident, Texas workers’ compensation laws describe how insurance companies must pay you for the damages you experienced while acting within the scope of employment.
Get a Tenacious Legal Team on Your Side
The most practical place to start on a construction work injury claim is by speaking with a Houston construction accident lawyer. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will protect your rights at every critical point in your case. Call us now for your No-Cost, No-Obligation Consultation at 713-225-0015, or by messaging us privately here.
Unsafe Work Conditions Can Cause a Serious Accident
As you are aware, safety precautions and protocols are imperative to enforce on the construction site. Working from great heights or with heavy equipment can result in a severe accident and catastrophic injuries to you or a fatality to your family member.
Every accident case has unique complexities. Instead of leaving the outcome of your settlement to the judgment of the insurer, get the opinion of a Houston construction accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. for a second opinion.
Our law office will thoroughly investigate the cause of your accident involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Overexertion and extension
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Poor training or supervision
- Ladder and scaffolding accidents
- Mechanical failures
- Electrocution accidents
- Worksite violence
- Explosions and fires
- And more
Generally, these accidents are not always your fault and may be the result of another person’s negligence. You do not have to tolerate the willful and wanton disregard for your safety.
If workers’ compensation does not cover your injuries or loved one’s death, a Houston construction accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will help you determine if you have a third-party or non-subscriber claim. We will help you preserve evidence and identify the at-fault party to compensate you fairly.
Construction Accident Injuries Are Expensive to Treat
After a construction accident injury or wrongful death, the associated losses are nearly insurmountable for most people to bear on their own accord. This reason is one of many as to why workers’ compensation and civil courts exist in the first place. Another’s negligence is not your fault, nor should you hold responsibility for paying bills related to his or her careless decisions.
If you determine that Ivey Law Firm, P.C. is best-suited to represent you, we will pursue full compensation for the following types of injuries:
- Simple and compound bone fractures
- Crush and soft tissue damages
- Head, neck, and brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Loss of senses
- Cognitive impairments
- Other construction site injuries
When suffering from one of the above-referenced injuries, seek the legal advice and counsel of a Houston construction accident lawyer. Depending upon the extent of your case, you may lose wages and benefits while watching your medical bills pile up. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will ensure that you have the information and tools you need to get back on your track and provide for your future if necessary.
Your Houston Construction Accident Lawyer Will Hold Liable Parties Accountable
Before pursuing a compensation claim following a construction accident, it is essential that you determine that at-fault parties. Doing so ensures that your Houston construction accident lawyer has the information we need to pursue the liable parties in your case as applicable.
In many cases, you will find that one of three parties is to blame when it comes to negligent accidents:
- Companies: Construction companies hold a duty of care to provide a safe work site to employees and authorized guests. However, they do not always succeed in this regard. If your accident injuries resulting from the construction company’s failure, Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will hold them accountable for your damages.
- Individuals: Other works on the site are also responsible for acting conscientiously. If a supervisor, co-worker, or contractor injured you negligently, you can seek compensation from the company or employee through a third-party and workers’ compensation claim. Your Houston construction accident lawyer will help you investigate the cause of your accident with supportive resources behind you.
- Property owners: Premises’ liability laws apply to the sites on which you or your family member were working. For property owners who flout the standards of safe and due care, you can receive money for your losses.
Establishing the at-fault party after a construction accident is not an easy task in some situations since that individual’s role may not be readily apparent. Hiring a Houston construction accident lawyer is a practical approach toward determining if other individuals caused your accident and how to pursue them
Civil and Workers’ Compensation After a Construction Accident
Texas laws prevent you from suing your employer over your construction site injuries. This aspect makes the claims process confusing for those who want to seek damages related to pain and suffering. Under workers’ compensation benefits, you cannot receive payments for your emotional harm.
However, if another person’s negligent actions played a role in your case, you can pursue a third-party civil claim or non-subscriber action that helps you obtain an award not covered by workers’ compensation.
Depending upon circumstances and facts of your case, we will help you go after the following awards as applicable and discoverable:
- Past, current, and future health care expenses
- Lost work wages and benefits for time missed
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Lost future earning capacity
- Punitive damages
- And more
The central theme of a construction injury case is to get the money you need to pay for your losses and make your life as whole as possible. Unfortunately, unsavory insurance tactics and new details can severely impact the outcome of your case. As such, it is vital to hire a Houston construction accident lawyer at Ivey Law Firm, P.C. to evaluate your settlement offer and review it for lawfulness and fairness.
Compensation for Wrongful Death Actions
If you lost your family member to a construction accident, our legal team offers our most heartfelt condolences. We understand that money does not bring him or her back to life or erase the memories of loss, but it does help you pay for the things your family needs to recover in lieu of his or her permanent absence.
Ivey Law Firm, P.C. empathetically helps surviving family members pursue the following wrongful death compensation benefits:
- Workers’ comp benefits: While you cannot sue the employer for workers’ compensation death benefits, you can file a claim through its provider. There are limitations to these benefits and only replace a percentage of your losses.
- Ordinary negligence claims: If the employer does not have workers’ compensation, you can go after them in civil court. Initially, Ivey Law Firm, P.C. will attempt to negotiate an out-of-court settlement. However, we are not afraid to argue before a judge or jury if necessary.
- Gross negligence claims: Even if the employer has workers’ compensation insurance, you might have the chance to sue them through a gross negligence action. Your Houston construction accident lawyer will help you determine if your case qualifies.
When a construction accident causes your family member to lose his or her life, do not hesitate to reach out to Ivey Law Firm, P.C. as soon as possible for legal advice. Our firm will conduct an exhaustive investigation into his or her accident and pursue every legal opportunity available to your family.
Every case is different, but your Houston construction accident lawyer may demand the following awards on your behalf:
- Current and future lost earnings and benefits
- Funeral and ceremonial reimbursement
- Cremation and burial costs
- Loss of companionship for spouses and children
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Other recoverable losses
Evidence is the crux of your wrongful death claim. Ivey Law Firm, P.C. documents and preserves evidence as we discover it and will utilize expert opinion if it strengthens the footholds of your case. You do not have to face insurance companies and lawyers alone when you hire our legal team to represent your case.
Call Us For a Free Consultation Before the Statute of Limitations Expires
There are legal deadlines in Texas called the statute of limitations that apply to your case. Depending upon the circumstances, your case’s timeline will vary. Speak with a Houston construction accident lawyer now to avoid missing your chance at compensation for an injury or wrongful death claim.